Thank you so much for your interest in youth tackle football for the Monadnock region! We welcome youth athletes from all over the Monadnock region - if your area doesn't provide a tackle football program, please reach out!
Over the last several years, our youth football program has chartered with the NHYFSC (AYF) for our 8U - 11U and Granite State Football League of our Middle School teams. In 2022, our 9U, 10U, and Middle School Varsity all won State Championships. In 2023, our 8U, 10U, Middle School JV, and Middle School Varsity teams won their divisions.
**NEW** for 2024, our league has joined the Northeast Junior High Football League ("JHL") for all levels.
Find more information about the JHL here! This is the JHL's old website, however at this time has the most information.
This link will lead you to the JHL's new website - more information will be added here.
Our goal at the Keene Knights is to introduce and teach the game of football, as well as cheerleading! We consider ourselves a feeder program for both Monadnock Regional High School as well as Keene High School. We work hand in hand with these programs to be sure we are teaching their playbook, their cadence, their terminology. We want our players ready when they get to the next level!
What will my athlete gain while playing in this program?
- Each season, it is our goal to provide great coaching which in turn develops the skills, knowledge, and abilities of all of our athletes.
- Not only does the game of tackle football provide great exercise and discipline, it also encourages team work, friendships, and respect.
- Players learn to work together to achieve a common goal - encouraging each other, having fun, in a safe environment.
JHL Levels & Divisions:
- Levels in the JHL are structured by grade level (followed by age)
- There are 3 levels: Youth (Grades 2,3,4), Junior (Grades 4,5,6), Senior (Grades 7,8)
- Junior and Senior levels - each team will have a Varsity and a JV team
- Each level will have divisions: Division 1, Division 2, and (for Senior) Division 3
- When you register your player, you will enter their Date of Birth, Grade Level, School District, and School. We will then allocate your player accordingly to their level. Varsity or JV will be determined after the start of the season. Families will receive an email in July notifying you of what level your player has been assigned to.
YOUTH RULES & REGULATIONS
JUNIOR RULES & REGULATIONS
SENIOR RULES & REGULATIONS
The time commitment for tackle football is as follows:
What does each player receive for their player fee?
What does the player need to provide?
Is there anything that is NOT allowed?
Click the pic to enlarge! Let's get fast, strong, and gain endurance in the off season! Post a video or picture of your player getting ready