At Keene Knights, we offer tackle football, flag football, but we also offer sideline cheerleading!
Our cheerleading program is designed to be an introductory program to expose athletes to the sport, at a low cost and with a low commitment. We are in a re-building stage of our cheerleading program!
What will my athlete gain with this program?
All cheerleading athletes will learn the fundamentals of cheer:
- Motions, Jumps, Sideline Cheers, Quarter and Half Time Cheers, Dance, Level Appropriate Stunting, Level Appropriate Tumbling
In addition to the fundamentals, our program will encourage your athlete to grow in strength, flexibility, as well as their confidence, friendships, teamwork, respect, and FUN!!
What kind of schedule can I plan on?
**It depends on our numbers!!
- The season will begin on Monday, July 31st
- Practices will be held at Keene High School, outside. Once it begins to get cold and dark, we will find a practice space inside.
- Our cheer program will practice 2-3 times per week. If we feel the need to practice more, this will be discussed with families beforehand. Exact practice days will be determined closer to the start of the season.
If numbers are low, or ages are scattered, we will plan to have a Sideline Cheerleading program only (no competition). This team will cheer at home games only!
If we have a good number of athletes where we can form a competition team, the following will apply:
- Cheerleaders will cheer at Sunday games - home and away. Once registration concludes and teams form, we will then know better which football level our cheerleaders will cheer for.
- Our cheer program will be "In-State" only. They will compete at the State Championship in November. Being an introductory program, they will not be eligible to move on to Regionals, and so on.
We are looking for a coach!! If you have experience and you are interested, please contact us via Facebook messenger or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What will my athlete need?
Our registration fee helps cover uniforms, practice space, insurance/chartering, as well as the competition fee (if applicable).
Families should plan to provide (regardless of sideline or competition):
- White cheer sneakers (of your choice!)
- You can find cheer sneakers on Amazon, Omni Cheer, Varsity Spirit, etc.
- White ankle socks (any are fine!)
- White body suit (ONLY if competition applies) - Use this link to purchase Omni Cheer